Sunday, February 05, 2012

The Nicest (Non-knitting)Thing

Sometimes when I am in the crappiest of moods, someone comes along and does the nicest thing for me. Moments like this remind me that there is joy to be found in the tiniest of places, if one is open to seeing it.

Several weeks ago, I was tired after a long day. I realized that we were out of dog food and that if I did not go out and get some, the dogs would go food-less in the morning. And with dogs like this, that wasn't an option:


The hour was late(ish) and it would be cutting it close to go to my preferred pet store. So, I grumpily slogged out the door, muttering under my breath and resolving to go to the first pet store I came across. Once there, I made a b-line for the food isle. I felt tense and cranky, and I bet I looked like I was in a bad mood too. I found what I needed and noted that the price was a bit higher than in my usual store. I trudged up to the counter and put my package atop it. Then, the man working the register did the nicest thing - he gave me a coupon. A $10 off coupon. It was the nicest thing. I didn't ask for it and I'm sure I looked pissy and he did it anyway. I thanked him and old him that my night hadn't been going so well and that this coupon was so thoughtful that it was helping to turn it around. He then proceeded to do another. nicest. thing! He gave me a second coupon (for later). Go figure!

No comments: