The Never-Ending Socks and Other Woebegone Things
In other woebegone news, I have fixed the sleeves of a sweater gone bad. I knit the Shalom sweater last year and it suffered a minor accident wherein one of the sleeves accidentally got felted to itself. I managed to pull it apart and smooth it out, but was then left with one sleeve longer than the other. A friend suggested that I rip back the bind off, knit more length and then full the entire sweater. Excellent idea! The yarn I knit the sweater in is single-ply, so it tends to pill. This would be a great way to solve two problems (sleeve and pills) with one solution. However, when I went back to check my notes for Shalom, I discovered that I had. not. Raveled. it.! Yikes! No notes. Not to be deterred from having a sweater with same-ish sized sleeves, I hand-fulled the longer sleeve and now they look about the same.